The World the Way I See It

Thursday, November 04, 2004

On the Election


Ok, let me just say this about our post-election condition with having to endure another 4 years of George Bush, the son: it’s not going to get better, it’s going to get worse. Many people feel that he’s the only one who should try to fix his own mistakes and continue to work his “strategery” to help the situation in Iraq. That’s crap. The current state of Iraq is because of Bush and I’m sure lots of Iraqis think that life was better under Saddam even if they didn’t like him – at least they had electricity to run their houses. Anyone who didn’t think that there would be a war in Iraq when Bush was elected the first time is an idiot. Never mind the Bush administration’s alienation of the UN and individual foreign nations who believed a war was not a good idea. If the Bush foreign policy machine satisfies you, and you shouldn’t be, then you can’t be happy with his domestic policies either. Leave No Child Left Behind is a joke that has muddied something as simple as educating children. I’m not a rich person, but even if I were, I can’t say that I’d relish all the tax cuts afforded to me by virtue of the fact that I have money.
The steady stream of jobs to other countries makes me ask: “What do Americans do for a living?” Because as far as I can see, they don’t do much even though they work hard and are not very educated. They’re not really politically active but opinionated. Americans can’t really afford to have someone in a foreign country do their jobs when you’re living paycheck to paycheck and are in danger everyday of no longer having a job. I don’t support any of the Republican ideology, but I don’t support the Democrats lying down on key issues and allowing the Republicans to have their way with them either. This is still supposed to be a two-party system.
Here’s why it’s going to be worse this 4 years: 1) the next people to be in Cabinet and other high positions of power will be the deep, staunch, hardcore Republicans, not the photogenic and appealing Colin Powells of the party. It will be these people who will get the laws passed that affect everyone in a negative way. 2) The Supreme Court will become more conservative and key cases could be overturned. 3) The War on Iraq and the War on Terrorism (which are two different things) will never end. I welcome comments as I step down from my soapbox.

1 Comments:

  • Yes, I read your blog. The only consolation I have about the election results is that maybe, in the next four years, Bush's delusional policies will cave in upon him, for all the world to see.

    Carl M

    By Blogger Carl Miffleton, At December 8, 2004 at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home