The World the Way I See It

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Read this Post and then Steal It!

I find it interesting and somewhat helpful that "people in the biz" have tried to write books to help people create great web sites and be street-wise on the internet. On the other hand, I don't feel the presence of the internet as much in the "Read Me First" book as in "Steal this Computer Book 3." I think I've read a "Steal this computer" book, but I don't know if it was this one or an earlier version. I definitely remember the "underground newspaper" feel as if you were getting some pretty important information. It seems like "Read Me First" is more like a technical writing guide adapted for the internet, and the latter is more about the internet even if the topics (viruses and search engines? someone could write a whole book on each) are more unrelated and glossed over. I also find it interesting that the books have commands in their titles - do this, do that. I think the point is that you have to do something when dealing with the internet. It's not like TV or radio where you can sit and let everything wash over you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home