The World the Way I See It

Monday, June 16, 2008

Tim Russert's loving tribute weekend

I think I will really miss Tim Russert as every person who's been remotely involved or concerned about American politics will be. He's one of the few people who told the story straight and gave you an opportunity to trust him. But I'm still really surprised by the outpouring of on-air time devoted to him this past weekend. If NBC/MSNBC/the other NBCs had just replayed some of his best Meet the Press shows, that would be one thing. I actually expected that. Instead, they've spent hours interviewing the people that he interviewed and those folks stated their best memories of him. All weekend long. I guess if I didn't already know that Darfur was not on the American radar, I'd think that there was no other news other than Russert's passing. Maybe this weekend was a slow news weekend in the grand scheme of things. I'm just saying that spending that much time eulogizing a dead man, a good man we can't bring back, is a bit much.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home