The World the Way I See It

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Sunday

So...some of us didn't make it to the church on the hill today in time to attend services. We were held up at the carpenter's house for an interview and it was a lot of fun. I could tell that he was holding back from telling us everything since the convo was so political, but he was really generous, let us play with his cat & dog, he picked daffodils and white lilacs from the garden, and gave us plum brandy (which is a drink you give to guests, who have to partake). Since I'm totally recovered from the last run-in with the plum brandy, it was totally fine. He also cut us a fresh stalk of rhubarb! For the rest of the day I guess we'll be talking about our interviews thus far and I will probably bring up the whole "lack-of-internets" thing, so wish me luck on that one. In the meantime, the weather is beautifully sunny and I'm wishing my mother a happy mother's day. Our tour guide: "no, mother's day is in march, it's an international holiday. Why do you celebrate it today?" Guy in group: "in case you haven't noticed, the US doesn't follow international laws." True dat.

2 Comments:

  • Hah. That last bit is awesome. Hope you're doing well. Must be nice to have mandatory plum brandy. I'm getting used to the idea that people go out of their way to mind their own business here.

    Good luck with your work!

    By Blogger mbr, At May 14, 2007 at 12:28 AM  

  • So....You don't think I was ever gonna comment on your comment, eh? Well, you're wrong. I am seriously missing the palinca. Wait. Does that make me an alcoholic?

    By Blogger SB | BS, At June 27, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home